Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sunday Six...Things that made me smile...


On a way too quiet Sunday morning, I am glad to say "Thank you" for the big and small things...
1-Steve went away for the weekend and I was excited to have some time alone to putzy and clean.I wanted to decorate for fall,shop,clean,read,and go through some closets. But after 12 hours I was missing him something awful! I once read "A spotless house is a sign of a misspent life" and I would have to agree.Its super clean but feels so empty.I remember when the boys would go to camp and I couldn't wait until they came home and messed up the house again. Hurry home Carter I miss hearing Fox news on the TV and your dirty coffee spoon being in the sink.

2-Chad arrived safely in Mexico. And I have heard from him twice by phone and three times by email. I just hate him going there! If he wasn't 22 I would ground him and tell him he couldn't go.But I am praying for him everyday and trusting the Lord to bring him home safely. (I would love your prayers for him too)

3- 70 Million people watched the debates! And I think that's awesome. I am so glad that people care about our country and feel the need to be educated about their vote.

4- Pumpkin Creamer is here! My favorite flavor ever. There is just nothing better in a cup of coffee hot or iced. I only wish I could freeze it or that they would make it year around.Its like fall in a cup!

5- I am trying to not be controversial on my blog but I have to say I am so glad that OJ is in jail for a very long time after a GUILTY verdict! The Goldman's will no longer have to see video of him golfing and smirking.I know that God is the ultimate judge and that he didn't get away with anything 13 years ago.But I am thankful for justice.

6-Got a sweet "I love you" comment from Abby this week on my blog. I love you too!! And still think you are just the sweetest young lady ever.I still want to come by with a housewarming gift and see your new place! Thanks for loving me Abby

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As always, loved your Sunday Six. It has become such a tradition in our family, and to think, you started it ALL!! I don't even have to steal your picture because I had already stolen it from google and it's been waiting for me to use in November. Isn't it cute? I think it's interesting how none of us can go a single week without mentioning how thankful we are for our families or for a specific family member. Our family truly is one of God's greatest gifts to us. Thanks for sharing all of your happy thoughts, they make me happy too!

Chloe Krikac said...

J'adore the Sunday Six! Isn't the pumpkin creamer the best? You're the best too, I might add. :)