Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Happy Birthday Chloe~



Tomorrow is a very special day! It is Chloe's birthday! It is impossible to describe how much I love this girl. My precious niece and my kindred spirit.... People have been telling us both for years that she could be my daughter! And there is no greater compliment to me that people think we are similar.Sometimes it is scary how much we are alike! We like the same books, television shows,music, (if she calls me with a new song to download I don't even listen first, I just know that I will love it if she does) We like the same shampoo, makeup,magazines, we even like the same banana popsicles and laffy taffy.We both have a love for nice hotels and purses. Last week Bonnie Hunt said that "sense of humor" is like a taste. Either people share your taste or they don't. When it comes to humor we share the same taste exactly!!! We once found something funny at Arco and we were both be on the floor laughing,trying not to pee! We totally know what the other one is thinking without saying a word. When she turned 21 we went to Vegas for the weekend. (at the Wynn of course) Here she was with her old auntie Karen and she was happy as a clam. When 8 o'clock rolled around we put on jammies...watched tv...talked...and agreed if anyone asked what we did we would say we went "clubbing" She is the easiest person to be with. Always content to just be !! Kenny and Lindsay did an amazing job parenting her and she's always been just the BEST kid. The last few years we have become really great friends and I am so thankful for the blessing of our relationship.Of course in our family we never have just one name. So Happy Birthday "Cleo" " Cha-lo-hay" and " Kendall" We could not love you more! We just found out this week that she got accepted for a internship at Vanderbilt Hospital in Tennessee and we are super proud of her! But I am already wondering how I will ever survive 4 months without her nearby...I guess it's Tennessee here I come! A fun girls weekend with Chloe is worth flying hours for.....

3 comments:

The fly-fisherman said...

Wow- It is amazing how much the two of you look alike!!! I would have guessed she was a long lost daughter of yours. Chloe is lucky to have such a positive and fun aunt.

Anonymous said...

This was such a fun tribute to an, obviously, wonderful girl. The two of you really DO look just alike. I love Libras and I'm sure I would love Chloe too! Happy Birthday to her!

Chloe Krikac said...

Okay, so I read this twice, because the first time I was laughing and crying and couldn't get through it! What a wonderful tribute, and I love you so much. I am so touched. Thank you for this, it means the world!