Pages

Friday, October 10, 2008

Courage~


Some days I feel as though the cowardly lion and I have a lot in common! Courage is something that the poor lion thought he just didn’t have enough of(if any at all)Sometimes I feel just like that lion…
Afraid
Scared
Fearful
Unsure
Especially when it comes to my 3 kids. I am such a worry wart!I would be so much happier if they didn't drive,or travel,and certainly if they wouldn't take surf trips to other countries!I was all excited to get a email from Chad today,but then I read the letter and the worry starts to set in.

hey folks, chad here down in barra de la cruz. in the middle of the jungle. crazy down here, i wake up in the middle of the night to mosquito's, snakes, exotic birds, horses, the animals are all around our cabana. i have over a 100 mosquito bites. dad would get worked down here. the waves are insane, better than Malibu on its best day. locals are treating us well. they are having the towns 43 anniversary this weekend. i´ll take plenty of pics. my body has taken a beating from the sun, bugs, and 4-7 hours of surf in the last 5 days but its well worth it. i really miss you guys a lot. tell pops i said hi-i love you guys

snakes? animals? big surf? can you get malaria from mosquito bites? how far away is he? My heart is racing! But I know that God wants me to trust Him and not be afraid.Seems like lately that has been my lesson over and over again.I LOVE this quote from Corrie Ten Boom...
"Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God"
Also in Deuteronomy 31:6 it says...Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified,for the LORD your God goes with you,He will never leave you nor forsake you. Today I am so thankful that none of us are ever alone!!So I am going to have courage and be strong!I am going to have faith,seek the One who loves us more than anything,and be courageous like the Lion! And like this little guy...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Chad is having the time of his life, Yikes!! He'd probably be shocked to know that you are worrying about him. Good for you for turning to the scriptures for words of peace and comfort. On Sunday, our son-in-law is leaving for Australia for 2 weeks, I'm with you, I wish our children would just stay home!!