Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

This blog stuff is serious bizness


OK, now that I have been blogging and surfing others blogs I have found out there are a LOT of blog pet peeves!! Who knew?? Someone wrote a few peeves down and the two at the bottom of my page had the most amens! Quite a few people complain that words are misspelled, others complain that there are too many run on sentences (I am guilty on both counts) But honestly folks I write like I talk, quickly and with both hands flying in the air. I'm Greek and that's the way we roll. Growing up with four kids you had to talk loud and fast.Even now before holidays I always warn my guests if you want to speak, don't wait for a break in the conversation because there will not be one!! Just jump in....There is always a minimum of four different conversations going on at all times and you have to listen to each one so you wont miss anything.So I am quite sure my blog will be all over the place, and those bad conversation habits will follow in my writing. My grammar will be 3rd grade at best.But this is supposed to be fun,not homework! So if you keep reading,I will keep writing.The first complaint I conformed to, I removed word verification from my blog because I found it annoying also. But whats your take on the music? That complaint surprised me. Whats your vote? I will oblige. After all I want my friends and family to sit long & read much....Here are the complaints as written.
1-Listen up, if you have Word Verification, TAKE.IT.OFF.NOW. It takes the fun out of leaving a comment when you have to type "xyxoodoasmnh" 10 times because the "m" is actually two "n's" and the "w" looks like two "v's."

2-Music on blogs. I used to have music on my blog, but then I realized I was turning the volume off when I was on my own blog. Music I liked. Music I picked. Then I realized that you may not like my music, and I may not like your music. So please turn the music off

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I have a few blogging opinions myself but nothing that you mentioned. I don't think I know what the word verification is...is it that crazy word that you have to write before you can leave a comment? I don't know how to remove that...but it's fine with me. I always have my music turned off (muted) so consequently I don't listen to anyone else's either. I can't read, think, type, etc. and listen to music at the same time...even if it is music I love. But sometimes when I'm done at the computer I un-mute the music and turn it up real loud and then listen to it while I do other things, so I don't want to remove my music but I certainly don't care if anyone mutes it...how would I know anyway? I pretty much don't like any of the music that others have on their blog...no offense...I'm just particular about music and it can really affect my mood, so rather than take that chance I just mute everything. By the way, where did these "opinions" come from?

Anonymous said...

P.S. I probably should mention my own biggest opinion...I think if you visit a person's blog and read their posts, you should leave a comment. Even if it's just "I was here"...something to let the bloggee or blogger (whatever we are) know who's been visiting. Somehow that just seems polite to me. I have a couple of other "minor" opinions but nothing worth mentioning...Thanks for all your sweet comments!!

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I haz guilt~! Cougarnana is right, you should leave a comment even if to say what the heck were you thinking when you wrote that! Love your blog and I always love to see what music people pick. To me, it is like a peek into someone's psyche. Do they mix it up, love only one style, are so off the beaten path you run to the internet to see what the heck that song is?? I say keep the music.

The fly-fisherman said...

I have very few opinions! I like the music. I will mute it most of the time, especially when I am familiar with the person's blog already. But, I think music will tell you a lot about a person. If a person doesn't like it they can turn down the volume. I will try and learn how to take off the word verification because 1. it is absolutely pointless and 2. I never spell the word right the first 3 attempts. How do you do it? Because I can see you no longer have it. I am also all about run on sentences. I just throw in lots of commas. Have you ever noticed? My father-in-law, that taught English for 30 years, cringes every time he has to read something I've written.

Chloe Krikac said...

LOVE this post - so true about our holidays... or even a Tuesday. :) Personally, I love the music, and don't have too many blog pet peeves, most definitely not on yours! Blogs are so personal, and are indicative of personalities, and I think it's fabulous! Love you tons!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Well GEE I have BOTH of those...I am a bloggers nightmare!! :)