Pages

Thursday, March 4, 2010

*

A simple reminder.......
I  can always feel the Lord taking such good care of us in our everyday lives. We are not rich but we sure have all we need. He has really helped me to be frugal and I have not used a credit card  in over a year! { can I get a whoop whoop } But,Sometimes its pretty tempting. We are remodeling our guest bathroom and really want to stay on a budget for it.  I go into home stores and  drool over top of the line cabinets and plumbing, but after a few minutes I really am just as happy with simpler ones. I don't need a thousand dollar toilet and being so darn practical I probably  wouldn't enjoy it even if I was rich.  
And God is so sweet to us!
I went to the Habitat for Humanity store in our town to look at what they had and as I turned around to leave I saw just the cabinet I wanted...
{the photo doesn't do it justice, it has darling little ball legs that lift it higher off the floor and the other sink is packed up inside}  It is the perfect size for our room and it was 500 dollars!! They only had one and she said it had just come in a couple days before!!  I took a picture real quick, sent it  to Steve and he liked it,so we put a SOLD sign on it right on the spot! It's perfect for our little shabby chic-cottage guest bath. "What a coincidence" some may say, but we always know " Its a God thing"  And I instantly said "Thank You"  My house is not fancy or professionally decorated but it is homey and cozy!  When I come downstairs and see the light pouring through the windows, see all my fun little flea market and Homegoods treasures,admire all Steve's moldings and the love he has poured into our house.  I smile and think "Home Sweet Home Indeed" and realize once again
I  have everything I need!

4 comments:

a s h l y n . c a r t e r said...

loved this. I can't wait to see it!!!

Anonymous said...

Darling!...and I think a DOILY would look perfect right between the two sinks with some cute little treasure sitting on it.

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! Such a good reminder of appreciating what you have! Congrats on not using your CC in over a year, that's awesome! Love the treasure you found, it will look so cute in that bathroom!!!! It was totally meant to be!
Kaitlin

Kaci said...

Oh my gosh and Karen!!!! How did you change your comment thing to this and how do I do it. I am the happiest person in the entire world that I can leave you comments again!!!

I love the cabinet. And I love this post. I too have everything that I need. Short of a car big enough for my whole family to go to the same place at the same time. But other than that. I thank you for your words. They always keep me on track.