Pages

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Beautiful blonde hair and a heart of pure gold...

A few posts back I wrote about my friend Trish's daughter Jamie and how much I love this munchkin. Well she deserves another post. We are so proud of her and her heart of gold. She is now a freshman in high school, a age where girls can be a little selfish and vain. Well not this amazing girl. Jamie has the most beautiful hair which she has grown long for quite a while now. And she grew it long for the purpose of having it cut for locks of love. "Locks of love mission is to return a sense of self confidence and normalcy to children suffering from hair loss by utilizing donated ponytails to provide the highest quality hair prosthetics to financially disadvantaged children" What a terrific organization and how wonderful that so many young ladies are willing to donate. Jamie now has a darling short haircut and everytime I see it bob and sway I think of the other young girl who will get to feel sassy and pretty all because of Jamies gift. What a little hero! I hope you can hear my heart cheering for you!





























2 comments:

The fly-fisherman said...

What gorgeous hair she has. She is going to make some little girl very happy. And her new hairdo is darling. I love it!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, thoughtful girl Jamie must be! She will be blessed for her goodness. I talked to Savanna last night about this wonderful idea and she wants to donate her hair too. Hers isn't long enough yet but she thinks she can let it grow for awhile longer so that she will have enough to donate. I love this idea! Thanks.