Pages

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Six...

We started this week with a dog adoption that ended up being absolutely heartbreaking. The details are still too sad to write about, but the dog had to be returned to its owners and Steve and I are hoping to find another one soon. We are so thankful for family and friends. Laughter and love is the balm that soothes my heart. So today I am giving thanks for all things and finding the flowers that grow through the weeds of our life. God is good! Here are six things I am grateful for this week.....

1-When Chloe and Ashlyn heard about what happened they both offered to drop everything and come here to cheer me up! How blessed I am to have these sweet girls in my life. I told them no but to my surprise Chloe ended up on my doorstep and stayed for two days. It was so great having her here! The storms in life will come to every one of us at some time and how blessed we are with people who stand beside us and hold the umbrella.

2- Our work girls met again for our monthly dinner. I was very busy being social this week(oh how I love that) We once again had so much fun and laughed like crazy.It's fun to learn more about the girls I spend so much time with at work. They are tons of fun!

3- A fun lunch with Abby. I have been wanting to take her to lunch for her birthday and we finally had the time to meet up. We ended up sitting and talking for two hours and I could have stayed longer. It's a unique friendship that has grown from when she was just a little girl. It's so great to see her all grown up, living on her own, and being such a remarkable young lady.Here I am almost 25 years older than her and we have so much to chat about. Thanks Abby for always loving me. I adore you!


4-Another fun package came from the Tennessee Krikacs.Dave and Sandy you guys are too much! It had a fun new recipe book, Planet Earth DVD's for Travlyn and more childrens books to add to the "grandma library" Sandy started for me. You guys are much too generous and we love and thank you with all our hearts!

5-Steve~I could really mention him every single week. He is the BEST friend I could ever have.I was telling Lindsay I have come to appreciate him even more the older we get.When life gets hard he just handles it! He shelters me and takes such good care of his family. Life is wonderful when you can admire the man you share it with every day.

6-Our dear friends the Carlson's had a birthday party for Curt and a going away send off for their son. We so enjoyed the night in their beautiful yard playing cards and celebrating. I mostly loved meeting Curt's 90 year old mom who is so young and cute! More than once I caught Steve flirting with her and I loved every second of it. Thanks for including us guys! We had a blast.




4 comments:

Blonde Story Short said...

I ran into Chaddy and he told me about that darn pup...so sorry! I hope you don't think it was your fault cuz it wasn't!!! I'm sending you a blog hug!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it interesting how our Sunday Sixes are usually about PEOPLE!! They are truly the instruments in the hands of God, to bless our lives and bring us joy and happiness. I'm so glad you had such a fun week surrounded by people you love and enjoy. Hey, we really are trying to work out a way to come see you while we're in CA, I'll be in touch.

Melanie said...

Oh Karen, I am so sorry about the dog! I hope your heart is feeling a little better now.

The fly-fisherman said...

I'm sorry to hear about your doggie adoption. I hope you can find another soon. It's nice that you have family so close that can be there for you when things are sad... or happy. Being part of a family is the greatest!!!