Pages

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Fathers Day!


What a blessing to wish my sweet husband a wonderful Fathers Day! We are off to the beach for our annual BBQ and bonfire, Steve's favorite way of celebrating with the boys. Of all the things I love about Steve, I think watching him as a Dad has been the BEST! There is something so tender about a man who cradles his babies and sets his life aside to make his childrens well being of utmost importance. He loves his boys(&girl) more than anything and all he wants in life is for them to be happy and know how much they are loved.One memory I will always cherish was when Travis was 16 and had to drive the freeway to work at a baseball tournament.Steve taught him all the dangers, reminded him of all the safety rules, and then five minutes after Trav left Steve jumped out of bed and "followed" at a safe unseen distance all the way to Riverside to make sure he arrived safely. He then turned around and drove the hour back home.Travis never knew he did that until much later but it was such an example of what a caring dad he is.Now it isn't all good, lest I sound "June Cleaver" again. He is a big ole pushover.Yep he is alllll talk. The other night when I got home late from the play guess who was on the couch watching Conan O'Brien? Brody!! Steve said he looked sad about going in the crate so he thought he would let him wait up for me and watch a little TV. The kids were allowed to eat in our bed, have junk for dinner and donuts on Saturday mornings.He did the big speech about paying for your own insurance once you drive and Travis was on our policy until the day he got married.Chad still is....
So to our big softie "Thank you" for loving us so much! We love you back and wish you the happiest day today!!

3 comments:

Just Believing said...

The following Travis story is so my dad...still to this day that is my dad :) Used to drive me crazy now I love it and know I will miss it when he stops....

PS My dad still pays for my insurance...LOL...hubby hates this but we traded off and added my dad to our family cell phone plan so its a trade off :)

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Happy Fathers Day to Steve! I hope the beach BBQ was super fun...now that we are home from Cali I already miss the beach!
Have a wonderful week!

Chloe Krikac said...

He is the BEST!!! I just love Carter...