Pages

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Oh what fun!

You just gotta love pulling up to a friends home for a party and having a reserved parking space just for you. This was a hoot! And yes I had my driver pull right in.(thanks Steve) From there the night only got better and better! We were invited to John and Nancy's for a book club dinner that was so much fun! They are the BEST hosts and you feel so at home the second you walk in the door. After sharing appetizers we each brought,we went into her lovely dining room for a wonderful dinner! She is the BEST cook and makes it all look so easy. Yummy Chicken Parmesan, salad and fresh bread! It was my first Holiday party with "poppers" and I think they're jolly good fun! We all wore our crowns, shared our prizes and laughed at the riddles and jokes! I'm not English but I think those Blokes are onto something! Then we played a fun game called "Apples to Apples" and laughed like a bunch of silly teenagers! Or maybe it was my first "hot buttered rum" that gave me the giggles? Sure is a delicious new holiday treat.When I first met these precious girls it was to share books and literature but I LOVE that we now share our lives! Steve agreed it was such a GREAT night! Thank you to our wonderful hosts and "Cheers" to a great new year!
I love you all tons!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful table! The food looked so yummy too! I LOVED the Handicap Parking!!!!!!! So classic! Everyone was looked so joyful! It's great to see you being loved on by your homies!!!

Love linds

Nancy said...

It was such fun having everyone over. Let's do it again soon!!!!! We feel so special being included in your blog. CHEERS!!!!!

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

You know, we love to have my Mom come along places because she has the handicap placard, so we fight over who gets to drive mom places because you get a primo parking spot. HAHAHA. Just kidding. We would love her anyway.

That night was so much fun. Fancy Nancy is a wonderful hostess. I hope you recovered from your orange soda drink. You know how those carbonated drinks are...