Pages

Monday, November 9, 2009

Sunday Six...


It's been a while since I shared my Sunday Six and as always I have much to be thankful for! So here are six joys from the past week....

1- A fun sleepover with Travis and Ashlyn. They called and wanted to come home for the weekend and nothing makes us happier than that! We played cards, went out to dinner, took our pups on a long walk and just enjoyed being together! My sweet mom used to always say she was happiest with all her chicks in the coop. I know just what she meant....

2-The work girls met up for dinner.I miss being able to see them every day! We had a great time and even Kirk came by to join in the fun. We are excited to keep our little tradition going of meeting up monthly to chat and catch up! I'm already looking forward to next months dinner


3-We went to a fun party Friday night at our friends house for an outdoor concert. They found a new artist that they love and invited her to come and perform for their friends. Lucky us to be included! It was a great night sitting in lawn chairs, seeing old friends and listening to good music.

4-My sweet husband always makes me feel safe and loved. He just says the kindest things that give me such a feeling of peace and well being. How blessed I am to have a man who I adore! And now I see that same tenderness with Ashlyn. He sure loves his daughter in law and she can do no wrong! He tenderly reminds Travis to always be a sweet and thoughtful husband, but I think he has modeled it more than anything.

5-Today is Kenny's birthday and I am so grateful to have such a GREAT brother! He and Lindsay are such good friends to Steve and I and we never tire of seeing them. We had a chance to celebrate with them this week at his favorite restaurant and I baked him a really ugly birthday cake(It tasted yummy but I failed miserably at the decorating) Kenny you are such a wonderful, kindhearted, funny, loyal man and how lucky I am to have you for a brother! Happy Birthday Honey! (my mom said since I couldn't say my K's when I was little I always just called him honey) You are still my honey and I adore you!
6-I am so thankful for my computer! It eases my load and keeps me connected with friends and family! I pay all my bills online so I am never late, never have to buy stamps and always know whats due. I love being able to keep up with my friends and family with their blogs and facebook.Dave will send me a email pic of something fun or of Sara smiling ear to ear. I love being able to share in those moments even though we are separated by way too many miles.I really love email so you can quickly touch base even if it's late at night and cant call. What a blessing to keep in touch!

I wish you all a great week filled with love joy and giggles. Remember to be always mindful of Gods amazing grace! We have more blessings than I could ever imagine and with all my heart I say "Thank You"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was such a sweet post, Sophia. I would just like to take this opportunity to mention that you have the most handsome men in your family...handsome husband, handsome sons, handsome brothers and even Kirk is pretty easy on the eyes. How did you get so lucky?? I'm glad you're still able to get-together with your work friends and Happy Birthday to Kenny. I, also, am sooooo thankful for my computer and the internet, what a miracle! We really are blessed in so many, many ways.

a s h l y n . c a r t e r said...

so sweet. we had a blast! that shot of trav is pretty funny. guess he doesn't worry about modesty! ;)