Pages

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Driving Miss Crazy~


For as long as I can remember my Aunt Teresa always rode in the back seat.They would pull up for family dinners with Uncle Jim in the front and there was Teresa in the back seat sprawled out reading magazines. I used to tease her all the time about it but she said she just loves it back there. She would take a pillow, put her feet up, thumb through magazines, file her nails and relax while Uncle Jim drove. Well fast forward about 20 years and guess who is driving "Miss Crazy"??
Yep....Steve.
The last three trips we have taken, I have been sprawled out in the back of his comfy "Big Daddy" Chrysler 300 C and loving it! It is so nice.....I have my own air controls, my pillow and blanket,and his car has really tinted windows so it's so cozy and perfect.I have my cup holder so I take my iced tea (with lots of ice & a straw of course) We still talk back and forth and share our snacks, but I am quite sure I may never ride in the front seat for long trips again. Teresa was right all along..It's the best! I occasionally will request a channel change or a new CD and my sweet driver obliges. The only awkward part is when we valet park at the hotel and they don't see me back there.When they realize he's not alone and I crawl out from the back I sometimes get a funny glance.(They probably think I'm famous)
There you have it...one more peek into the crazy life of the Carter's. Well the crazy Greek and her sweet patient hubby who just shakes his head and smiles at me. (through the rear view mirror of course)

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Karen you are so funny!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!! I'm giggling just picturing you and your chauffer toolin' around! You know... he could drive with just one hand. Next time you should sneak one of your feet up and see if he'll give it a little mini massage to make the drive a little more enjoyable!! he he You guys are great!! :) Holly

Anonymous said...

Holly knows Karen too well! We have witnessed Steve "Driving Miss Crazy"! It's a sight and a laughter to behold! Karen puts her feet up right by his face to get quite the reaction! Too funny to see!!! I love this precious couple! They remind me of Fred and Ethel!!! They are our stress relief and medicine for Joy and Laughter!!! Love ya both so much it hurts!!
Love Linds