Pages

Monday, July 19, 2010

Its the little things....

little joys....
little reasons to smile and give thanks...
So today I stop to say thanks for the little things....

*I am so thankful for people who are honest. Kory and Sara lost their video camera at Disneyland and I was sick about it. He had so much great footage of their trip and I was praying someone honest would find it. ...and they did! I wish people would grasp the joy of being honest and doing the right thing! Thank you whoever you are and God bless your kind heart!!

*Old Home Movies!! As I mentioned before we have been taking all our old movies to Costco to be put on DVD and I love watching them!  Seeing my Mom and Dad, the kids when they were the  most delicious babies, and my darling  husband who has always been the best daddy brings tears to my eyes. We both look so young and busy with the kids and I can hardly believe all that we have been through together raising our family. Looking back is bitter sweet and more than once I cried like a baby....But it sure is nice to have those moments captured forever!

*It is so great to have Brody home! He stayed at Chads for a couple weeks and had a BLAST! Chad LOVES him and took such good care of him. But I picked him up yesterday and it will be a long while before I let him go again. I missed that sweet pup so much!
He is all clean and laying at my feet as I type. And to hear his sweet breathing while I slept was perfect!

*I am back at my new store this week and I LOVE it! Who would have thought after all the crying and anxiety about going there that it would feel so much like home just a few short months later! It is such a happy place to work and there are so many fun people who I get to share my day with.

*I drove to pick up Brody Sunday morning and spent a few hours with the boys. Ash was away at a wedding and the guys had a good ole slumber party! Chad and Travis are such good friends and it warmed my heart to hear about the night they had together eating pizza, playing games  and  hanging out. I watched them eating their donuts, drinking coffee and laughing and reminded my heart to take a picture.

*My dear friend Casey had surgery and she is recovering well! And it looks like all her tests are going to show good results!  I was so worried about her and am grateful she is on the road to recovery!

How about you? what little joys filled your week this week? Share them with me in my comments ! I would love to hear....

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Last night Justin, Radar, and I went on a walk to Biola and around our neighborhood. I was filled with so much joy... everything was so lovely- the smells of summer in our neighborhood, other people out and about walking the the cool evening air. Walking hand in hand with my sweetie is awesome. Another joy this week was looking through old photos on my computer and seeing my sweet nephew's face. I miss that kid and wish I got to see him more often... but am so glad I have been able to see him as much as I have.

maria said...

Awwww.... Miss Karen, I LOVE that you're always so positive, you are definitly going to be my inspiration to enjoy the "little joys" that I am blessed with EVERYDAY!!! :) Oh by the way... I LOVE your blog... it's super fun!!! :)