Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Very Excited!


Today is tax day...April 15th. While normally mine are long since mailed I don't usually give today much thought. But due to an error with Chads W2, then our tax man thought Chad was still a full time student and that we could "claim" him,both sets of taxes had to be revised. So today I picked them up,signed them to be e-filed, and now we are just waiting on the BIG return to arrive!! We spent $215.00 getting them prepared by our long time accountant.We owed the State of California $3.00 which I felt weird about writing a check for.I wanted to just send them 12 quarters. We get $235.00 dollars back from the Federal, so we have a whopping net of $17.00 coming our way!! It's only fair to split that with Steve so I have about 8 dollars. What ever am I going to buy? I wonder if they will send me a IOU or just bite the bullet and mail my big check right out to me? Either way it buys me a little time to dream about how I will spend my wad.

5 comments:

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

Well, of course, the obvious answer is to buy tea~! Have a tea party, you know. Come on, get into the spirit of revolution~! LOL. Enjoy your wad.

Just Believing said...

Spend wisely :)

Half of my share comes out to $17.00 ... I too will spend wisely :)

Anonymous said...

We are getting $600 back and I've never considered sharing it with Jim...that's a nice thought...but I think I'll pass. Have fun planning the shopping spree!

Melanie said...

I think you should spend your $8 on coffee and a scone from Starbucks... Take a book and have a relaxing hour at the Buckies...

dkrikac said...

Sista, we must have used about a GALLON of "Doylie Be Gone" but if they come back use them as firestarter...How many Grandmothers DO you have? Oh that was "Gradmothers"...sure...

Love YOU SO and Miss you Worse than ever...