Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yee Haw!

Now this post is the stuff that dreams are made of!  So sit yourself down with a  glass of sweet tea and listen cuzz I'm gonna tell you a fabulous story! Last week my friend Katie called and asked if I was planning on going to Nashville to see Dave and the family this summer? Which of course I'm always dreaming of going to see them!  Well, she went on to tell me she had won tickets to Nashville including a driver for three days, and lots of festivities prior to and INCLUDING the Country Music Awards! 
And she wanted to know if I wanted to join her and her daughter Bridget on the trip! {Insert screaming,crying and almost throwing up from the excitement of it all here}  So I called Steve right away and asked if he would care if I went? Of course Mr. darling said YES without a seconds hesitation.Then I asked if I could get the week off work and that came back a YES too. So I called Dave and said "hey ya'll gonna be home in June? and he said YES!
So I called Katie and said " YES YES YES " 



So I will be flying to Nashville for a week. I will be spending a few days of amazing fun with Katie and Bridget and then spending another four days with Dave, Sandy and my precious niece and nephew!  Now you probably already know that I  can be a bit of a "spazz fan" so can you only imagine me at the CMT awards! It is going to be a dream come true ! Plus I am so excited for the girls to come visit the Thrift store with me and meet all the kids and see the amazing ministry my family has there. Katie said "she won the trip" but I know better. She probably made a huge donation at a charity auction because we all know that's the kind of people she and Dan are! Always so generous! And how amazing that she invited ME to take part in this trip of a lifetime! I feel like I won " Queen for a day"    

So I am going shopping for some new duds...maybe some denim and diamonds, A Dolly wig, a Minnie Pearl hat, and a zoom lens cause if I see " Keith"  I am going in the for shot!  And God help us if I see my Vince!

3 comments:

Kaci said...

Oh Man... what a great opportunity for you. That will be so much fun. I can't wait to see the pictures from that trip.

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I think you and the big guy are very simpatico. I am so excited for you! Maybe we'll catch a glimpse of you spazzing out at CMT awards in your diamonds and denim.

Anonymous said...

You Lucky Duck! I can't think of anything more fun than a trip to the CMT's. I LOVE country music, it's really all I listen to, so to be up close and personal with all those jeans and cowboy hats...fun, fun, fun! I know you'll have a great time. Can't wait to see the pics.