Pages

Monday, February 16, 2009

I have a new love.......

Yep you heard me right! I thought I really loved Boston...then I knew I loved Bar Harbor Maine. But now after only a four day affair this fickle girl can say I LOVE San Francisco!! Who knew that I would fall so hard for such a crazy city. But I loved it all! The hotels,the rich history,the Muni filled with wacky people (one who yelled bull sh*t for 15 minutes straight)I am not a bus kind of gal and would never dream of taking public transportation but somehow it's all a part of the charm of this great city. And we rode it everywhere. I also loved walking until we couldn't feel our feet. I loved crossing this item off my Bucket List "Visit San Fransisco and eat chowder on the wharf" DONE! I LOVED the Golden Gate bridge,sitting with my family at the park staring at it for minutes just taking it all in. I loved Ghiradelli square and having a cup cake with Ashlyn at Kara's cupcakes. (amazing) I loved eating at a window booth at Mel's Diner watching tons of people walk by with pillows for the 3rd annual San Fransisco pillow fight! I had to laugh because somehow a homeless guy got his hands on a pillow and he kept walking by smiling and waving it around.I loved listening to the amazing street players trumpet fill the air with the most beautiful sound all through Union Square.I loved that when I asked my Valentine what was on his bucket list he said "being with you while you cross off the things on your list" I loved the rain, the ferry's, the taffy, the delicious pear at the farmers market, waking up Valentines Day morning to little treat bags from our precious daughter in law. I loved the people,the buildings,the art.But mostly I loved experiencing it all with my family! On the way home Steve,Chad and I were sharing our favorite moments of the trip and Chad said "Mom,I loved watching you smile all day like a little kid seeing all the things you've wanted to see" I may never be rich or famous,but I have hit the jackpot with this family of mine.And none of it would have been any fun without them.We had an amazing time and I cant wait to return someday soon. I guess I did leave a part of my heart in San Francisco.....


6 comments:

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

I think you left your slide show in San Francisco, too~! I love that you got to cross one more thing from your bucket list. What fun.

Ashlyn Carter said...

soooo cute. lets go back!!!! :( this was SUCH a fun trip...and all made worthwile thanks to YOU. Love you all. Yay Carter "5"!

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Looks like so much fun! I was there a year and a half ago and had a blast! I recognize so many of the places in the pictures! I was feeling like I was standing there with you. Glad you had such a nice trip and that you are home safe and sound!

Anonymous said...

Looks like such a fun trip, especially the cupcake part!! I don't remember too much about our trip to San Fran, it was many years ago. I do remember being nervous on some of those hilly streets though. We'll have to give some thought to going back there. Glad you made it home safe.

Casey said...

I don't love "big" cities, but this is the one place I could live in! I love this city, glad you had such a good time.

Anonymous said...

Did you leave part of your heart intentionally, or did you FORGET it?!! ha ha You were in a whirlwind having the time of your life, and making memories, who wants to keep track of stuff?? Can't wait to see what "we" get to cross off the bucket list next! :) Holly