Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Today

Outside my Window
It's pretty cold and overcast today... 

I am thinking
About Whitney Houston~ What a sad life hers had become and how far she had gotten away from her church and faith. Her ex husband performed last night , the very night of her death and I couldn't help but grieve for their daughter. As a parent I cant imagine not being with my daughter in a time of such sorrow and justifying putting on a concert. His absence really shows how screwed up peoples lives can become. I will always remember her singing the National Anthem and Jesus loves me. Her voice was angelic and I pray she is in heaven now and at peace 
 
I am thankful for
My church, my faith, my husband and friends who keep me in check. I am also thankful for updates from Kenny and Lindsay while they are on a missions trip to Cambodia! They have been gone a week and a half and I miss them so much! But I know God is using them mightily! 

From the kitchen
Just made Pioneer Woman's oatmeal bars { delicious click here for the  recipe } and a quiche for dinner

I am wearing
Still in my nicer church clothes but am changing fast into sweats to take the pup for a walk

I am reading
Molokai, what a great story so far! My book club just finished " War Horse" and that was really good too

I am hoping
For safe, fun travels for Chad! He leaves tonight for Costa Rica on his three week surf trip and my heart always worries. Just him, his backpack and his surf board. I would so appreciate your prayers for him


I am creating
My thank you notes to my sweet friends and maybe a Valentine craft or two


I am hearing
The sounds of the kids next door, my washing machine , and golf in the background on TV

Around the house
I am washing sheets and working on my menu for Bunco at my house next week. I also am putting away our new "baby gifts"  and boy that's fun!!    

One of my favorite things
My new "Clarsonic" I treated myself to this with my Nordstrom gift cards and I LOVE it! My skin feels so soft and clean 

Well that's what is going on in my corner of the world today!
How about you? I would LOVE to hear!        
Hope your day is filled with love and giggles!

No comments: