Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

My cup runneth over

My mom used to always quote that scripture from Psalms 23 about her blessings and it sure came to mind this week with ALL of mine! I feel so undeserving of so much love and  support.  It seems like every day baby Carter and I get some fun surprise and you all know how much I LOVE surprises!
My sweet friend Marcia sent me the cutest long sleeve t shirt to wear to the hospital.
Picture doesn't do it justice, it is darling!!
She lives in Boston and to think of her going through all the trouble to have it made and shipping it  just  warms my heart. At least three times a week my heart says " why the heck is my friend so far away" I always had her right around the corner and  just assumed she always would be. But I know we will be neighbors again because God is sweet like that and He knows how much I miss her. 

I also met my moms group for our monthly dinner and when I walked in they were already seated and they had a big basket of goodies for YaYa Karen ~ They all wore blue shirts and surprised me with the sweetest gifts. Lots of books which I dream of reading to my sweet grandson.There was darling outfits,bibs and bath toys. I  feel so blessed that he will know such remarkable women and that they love him already like I do!   

We also got a darling high chair from our sweet neighbors across the street. They have three adorable kids and sent over their gently used chair for our guy!  I tell ya I feel like I am all set up and when the kids come they wont have to pack a thing! Such a blessing

From our dear friends in Seattle they sent such sweet home made booties and hats, and all kinds of sweet little gifts. We have known the Goulds forever and don't get to see them too often but how thoughtful of them to send a gift. It seems like yesterday they stopped by the house to meet Travis and we did the same with their sweet girls. I LOVE  having forever friends and love that they love our new sweet baby!

And Saturday I got to see my sweet Kaitlin! She was coming into town for a shower and stopped by for a visit at "home" She is the precious friend who lived with us for a sort time and forever cemented her place in our hearts as family! She knew my mom as YaYa and gets how overexcited I am to become a YaYa too. She not only brought over a sweet gift for the baby but beautiful flowers for me ! She is the sweetest girl and I loved our two hours of chatting and catching up!

Cutest card ever!! Saving it forever
Lastly I got  heartwarming cards from the darling kids on my block. They stop by often for a cookie or a treat from my candy jar. I keep it stocked just for them because they are such a ray of sunshine in my life. So they wrote me thank you notes that were absolutely precious! Such well mannered kids and they wanted me to know they love me.  Proof that even the smallest kindnesses can make your whole day .
So clearly you can see why I say  My cup runneth over!  So much love has poured out to our family and it has overflowed our hearts. Every kindness will always be remembered!
Wishing you all a week filled with love and blessings!
And I hope to be back with good news soon!   
Today is baby boy Carters due date 

No comments: