Pages

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter!

We had the BEST Easter celebration and every year I am more thankful for this big crazy family of mine! To be with people who have loved you since you were born feeds your soul in a way that nothing else can.  I looked around during the earthquake and thought to myself at least most everyone I love is here and we are together!   It was a magnificent day!  My cousin Mark came with his family so it was extra special because we once again  had some little ones. We BBQ'd  and just enjoyed each others company.





Our last guests left close to eleven and I had to work a 6-3 on Monday. I was wiped out so for the first time in quite a while I left most everything to be cleaned when I got home from work. So after a long day I walked in the door dreading the mess that these darling people can create when we are together...

But instead.....
I came home to a spotless house, every dish done, the tables and chairs all packed up and put away, the dishwasher ran and unloaded and loaded again, the house was vacuumed and the yard perfect! All because of this darling boy!


He said I looked tired and had worked so hard to make the day nice for everyone so he wanted to help. He had spent the night,so he did all the cleaning before he went home.I'm tellin ya I could get a huge dowry for this kid cause he is going to be quite the husband!  
He is so good to his momma! 
It was such a fun day and we created memories to last a lifetime. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This family DEFINITELY needs it's own reality show...I know it would be a HIT! Looks like a wonderful Easter celebration. Now about Chad...what a guy! That is just the sweetest story ever. No one in my family would ever think to do such a thing...I wonder where I went wrong?? I'm glad you had such a happy holiday.

Happy Hour...Somewhere said...

*sigh* And he makes soup, too? And travels? You are going to have one special DIL one day because you know he will pick someone unique and wonderful. Sounds like a fun Easter. I always wish I had a pen and paper when the family gets together because the funniest things get said.

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

WOW that is A LOT of house guests! what a fun looking group. Looks like a wonderful Easter indeed.
I am so impressed with Chad...what a great son. Some lucky girl better snatch him up quick...boys like that don't come along too often!
Love you...glad you had a joyous weekend...and have a clean house after the fact.

The fly-fisherman's wife said...

Isn't so much fun just to be together? It looks like you have a wonderful family.
Let's talk about Chad...
I have a daughter, yes she is only seven right now, but I am sure she will be really cute in 19 years. Can Chad wait until she's 26? Just kidding! She is way too bossy for someone that sweet.
Glad you had a good holiday.

Unknown said...

Chloe was so bummed last year when she was in Tennessee for Easter...now I know why! There is no substitute for family, plain and simple. I'm so glad you guys got to be together. And as for Chad, what a good heart. I think it runs in your family!