Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Remaining Thankful~

This has become my mind set in spite of having days when I feel pretty defeated
This surgery has not been easy on me and I still find myself wishing I fought it harder. My actual hysterectomy I'm recovering from perfectly, but about two weeks ago I woke up and literally could not move my arms. I felt as though  over night I became a 90 year old lady with arthritis. So I began googling what the heck could be causing this joint pain which is even making my knees and hips ache. Long story short....it is a imbalance of hormones. So my Dr suggested we try a lower patch and I felt about 25% better with the lower dose. So today I took the patch completely off!  Yes I am playing Dr, but I feel desperate to be better and would much rather deal with hot flashes and other junk and be able to dry my hair and walk normally. If anyone knows anything about this condition I would LOVE to hear your advice
And I would LOVE your prayers!  
But in spite of all the the bad we have had lots of good !!

The kids came home last weekend for a wedding for our very dear friends son! We have known Allen since the boys were little and it was such a blessing to be at their wedding with such a wonderful family.  The bride and groom were gorgeous!!

My moms group ...love these women

The three of us with married kids 
Poppa loves his girl ! 

Then on Sunday the boys played golf and I took Ashlyn to get her nails done because she was having her first  
BABY SHOWER!!
It was so much fun seeing all her precious girlfriends and watching baby Carter receive such lovely and heartfelt gifts! It was a wonderful day and she is just glowing ! {pics coming soon}

I know you all must be sick of hearing about my hubby! But truly the man is angel. He is a tireless nurse who NEVER complains that I had another day of getting nothing done! He makes me rest, does everything I could ask or think of, and makes me laugh all the time! Kidney stones,getting hit by a dog, and now this...
But he still smiles and thinks I am a great wife? Words will never be able to convey what his love and support have meant to me ! When we said for better or worse this man meant it and lives it out every single day!
I am giving thanks for every little blessing this past week
lunch with a friend
a sweet dr who listens
christmas gifts purchased and ready to be wrapped
phone calls from Sara
my cleaning lady martha who spiffed up my house this week and it looks fabulous!
knowing my family is coming for thanksgiving and that whatever  we serve is going to be eaten over tables filled with  love and conversation
my brother dave checking on me and praying for me over the phone {precious} 
having compassion for people in ways before not possible, because i now know what its like to have pain everyday 
christmas music
bubble baths 
plain greek yogurt with honey and walnuts for breakfast
calls from the boys for no reason
giggling with chloe, for some reason we crack ourselves up

This Thanksgiving week I hope you find lots of things to be thankful for!
And this remains the song of my heart today 
" I lift up my eyes to the heavens ...Because I know where my help comes from" 

1 comment:

maria said...

I LOVE this post!! :) I'm glad you're feeling a little better, even if it's just a little... ;) and it's ok, to play Dr. for ourselves once in a while.. I did and I wouldn't change the decision I made... ;) sometimes only we know what our body feels like, and only we know what we can deal with... :) Here's to a wonderful Thanksgiving week.... :)